The Unrefined Sea Salt Benefits You Didnt Know About
Here are some of the more well known unrefined sea salt benefits you may not be aware of. Lets go ahead and begin!
– Healthy Kidneys – Imagine having healthy kidneys. Now, thats pretty good! But thats not all, so here are some more benefits.
– Prevent Gout – Gout can be a very painful, expensive disease. Although there are many natural remedies for gout, the use of sea salt seems to help with its treatment. And this is not just an eye-catching anecdote, its a fact.
– Antibacterial Properties – Sea salt has been shown to help fight bacteria that can make people very sick. Many antibacterial agents, such as some antiseptics, are made from a chemical that is derived from salt. Sea salt can contain a high level of sodium, so in some ways it can act like a natural antibiotic.
– Antioxidants – Antioxidants are good for the human body and their levels are known to be related to longevity. Since people live longer, it is perhaps no surprise that they would also live a healthier life. Sea salt can contain some very high levels of antioxidants, so it would stand to reason that it could help them live longer.
– Anti-inflammatory Properties – It has been shown that sea salts can help reduce some of the pains associated with arthritis. And there is an article stating that some people have reported that using sea salt in their foods helped reduce the pain and swelling associated with an attack of acid reflux. Using a simple, natural method, sea salt can help ease the symptoms of arthritis and other chronic conditions.
– Positive Benefits On Longevity – Salt can offer other positive benefits on the body. Researchers have found that they can lower the risk of heart disease and can improve overall health in many ways. Some of these benefits include: lowering cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, helping boost metabolism, helping with diabetes, and many others.
One study showed that individuals who were given a high salt content in their food had increased life expectancy. Another study concluded that sea salt could help prevent heart disease and stroke. They also said that people who eat it at least one hour before going to bed had better chances of having a good nights sleep.
Eating a lot of salt has been found to raise your blood pressure, so if you want to lower your risk of hypertension or improve your overall health, then it would seem prudent to reduce the amount of salt you take in. That will help with the negative effects of high blood pressure and diabetes, which has been linked to strokes and heart attacks. Not only that, but it may help to lower your cholesterol and keep it at the healthier levels.
If you want to have a healthier diet, then a bit of sea salt may be well worth the small amount of money it costs. It seems to work wonders for people. A high-quality sea salt supplement may be your best bet, since it will likely cost less than eating foods that are high in sodium, such as canned soups.
And so many more benefits to sea salt – it seems almost limitless. Of course, you can always try one of the natural remedies out there for gout, but the use of salt could be a good start. After all, it has been proven to be an effective weapon against some diseases.